Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Beginning

So, I've been looking for a way to catalogue and commemorate my garden successes and failures. I've decided to start this blog for myself and anyone else who may be interested. It will be a way to keep track of what's going on in my yard, and hopefully avoid buying duplicates and triplicates of plants I already have (a bad habit that I have...).

This will be my second full summer at our house. Last year was spent landscaping, and arranging garden beds the way we wanted them. We put in a lot of perennials and many, many bulbs. We also installed two raised beds for vegetable gardening. I had great success with vegetables of all kinds, but my pet project was a small asparagus bed (hence the name of this blog). I love asparagus and the thought of someday being able to pluck a few tender shoots from my own garden is priceless.

Spring has sprung early this year and I am really excited as I watch perennials, bulbs, and of course, my asparagus start to show themselves. So far so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment